College Pro Painters ruined our 100 year old home.
We contracted College Pro Painters to paint our 100 year old home in Edmonton. The inexperienced crew, used interior paint and interior drywall compound on the exterior walls. Our landscaping was trampled, antique windows painted and then scraped, leaving them scratched up and ruined!
College Pro returned to fix the problems by applying exterior paint over the interior paint and drywall compound without removing any of it. Be the following spring, our house was an absolute mess. They have promised to come back and fix it, but have been stalling for almost two years. Our house looks like a decrepit hovel fit for demolition with peeling paint hanging from the walls, huge flakes of paint and drywall compound flaking away and exposed wood beginning to decay with exposure to the elements.
I am a retired senior and we have wanted to sell our two story home to move into a bungalow on a smaller lot, but have been unable to sell our house due to the terrible condition. We have paid to have the work done, and can't really afford to pay another company to come in and paint it all over again.
We are devastated!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Home Painting Services
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Letter sent to College works with NO response.Please find below comments on my experience with College Works. Nathen (project manager) explained the process to me, and as a business..."
- "It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage. At least 4 structural engineers have reported..."
- "College Pro painters do NOT prep the surface prior to painting and then claim the warranty doesn't cover decks or steps. I have people come to my house and ask..."
- "I purchased several cloth calendars from Family Dollar at Christmas time annually for years. They are they year in one cloth calendars with a string and a dowel rod to..."
- "This is a response to an account manager by the name of Lucy. I am extremely dissatisfied with this entire process. I ordered a dress for a special event in..."
- "My programmable Honeywell thermostat blow up & caused smoke. I was out at work & came home and saw wall had some smoke on it. The house smelled very bad...."
- "I bought a new 2016 Chevy Malibu which was to include 3 months of WiFi. When I checked the app on my phone it showed that I had 3 gb...."
- "When I received my order and opened the box and I found half of the bottle of "crime de serum" the bottle is so much smaller than the one shown..."
- "DO NOT ORDER FLOWERS FROM BLOOMEX! it is a complete rip off!!! I ordered what was supposed to be a beautiful bouquet of lavender flowers in a vase and what..."