Turnaround Time

Hiring College Pro students to paint our residential property is a wrong decision on our part.It is not the quality of their workmanship that we are questioning but the approach, mindset and the demeanor of a young person trying to run a small business for the summer months.

How strict are your policies and qualifications in admitting an inexperienced business savvy who will represent your name College Pro in the market? In spring, we signed up to use College Pro for our requirement to paint the exrerior of our residential property. The young people who have an enterpreneurial spirit -or shall we say, who would like to make a "try-out" in the business world and using College Pro as their stepping stone to test themselves if they can be a success or a failure in running a small business? Good question.

Can they really manage the day to day stress and expectation? Our personal experience dealing with this particular young enterpreneur was disappointing. We dealt with this young man name Harshat. He was fine in the beginning, we decided, we could give him a shot - we support and we believe in young people will be the future - give them a chance to succeed!

The project started late July, we had our first encounter with this young man who was running the show, I started noticing that he is not careful with his words, in short he is tactless and unprofessional when speaking or dealing with his customers. First incident happened: I raised a small concern about the panel of our front door after they painted it, that became an issue for him and questioned me and accused me of "blaming" his painters? I must admit, this surprised me because we are business people ourselves and we know that treating your customer "right" will take you a long way. This young man is not suitable for a service job.

If he can not manage a small customer's complaint without getting into a rage, then he is only setting himself to fail. He is not good in checking his phone or email messages, he is capable of leaving you an unpleasant voice message, he misses his own set-appointment with his customers that he set up the date & time itself, he does not observe proper protocol in assessing or evaluating, investigating an incident before he confront his customer or before he leave his customer a telephone message. This College Pro Contractor from Hamilton, ON is not recommendable for a service type of business role because he can not control his emotions when he get upset. In business, you can not let your emotions over take you.

Recently, we stop communicating with him by telephone because we did not like his last message to us - the final payment is due for August 8th after the long weekend, due to unavoidable situation, we tried to notify him in advance that we will cut the cheque on August 8th but best for him to arrange it for pick up the following business day. We did our best to notify him in advance as we are not home and my husband will take care of it when he comes back to the city after the long weekend. Next thing we know, he left us a voice mail and his message is "I really needed to talk about the cheque payment, this is getting out of hand" - that says it all! After listening to that message, I contacted my husband and told him to make sure the payment is ready for that Tuesday and we needed to put a stop in dealing with this rookie, that we will never do any business again with Harshat or with College Pro as they are not trained properly & they are not prepared to handle a typical business transaction with some delay and there is no professionalism in his manners of speaking and service level.

College Pro must conduct a higher level of extensive trainings, by-laws, guidelines & proper mentoring to their chosen young entepreneur before allowing them to represent them. As a result, College Pro lost a potential referral business from us and no new business came in anymore after the first project due to the back to back incident. We intended to give them the second job but due to the way he conduct himself, unfortunately we have to decline dealing again with him.

We also are encouraging College Pro that after a job order has been done, conduct a survey, make it an important marketing strategy so you guys can maintain a higher standard of service level and use the survey result to improve weaknesses of your sub-contractors.This is not just protecting your name but it is also checking work ethics & history of people who represent you in the market.

Review about: College Pro Painters House Painting.