Ames, Iowa
Featured Not resolved
Turnaround Time

College Pro painters do NOT prep the surface prior to painting and then claim the warranty doesn't cover decks or steps.I have people come to my house and ask if my granddaughter painted our steps - the entry to our home.

I am quick to let them no it was College Pro. They also did not call us to tell us when they were coming to paint, even though they said they would. And, I called to complain about the painting and was told I would get a return call. One month went by and, of course, no call.

.I would never, ever use their service again!!

Review about: College Pro Painters Deck Painting.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Very poor work, Very poor quality and service, Quality.

Had an Experience with College Pro Painters?

Comments

Seattle, Washington, United States #1189692

I was actually a college pro franchise owner a couple of years ago.I was a business student and I was recruited at school.

They told me about how great it would be, how much business experience I would get, and of course how much money people were making.

College pro, with their huge scale operation in the US, don't train their painters/franchises enough, they instead pile on a huge amount of debt and make them pay it off by painting. Is a pyramid scheme. That also explains the bad service.

Who would want to paint and do a good job when they know they don't get to reap the benefits of all that work.

College pro socks.

I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Pleasanton, California, United States #1187330

tip, use a real oil based stain next time, the only paint that is going to last in that situation might be an epoxy garage paint.a stain instead soaks into the wood.

but don't be fooled by a paint that is called stain.

indeed someone should have sanded the surface a bit first.

Indeed that looks like ***, but paints on a decking never work ever anyways.if they were going to slop shi| out like that , you could have rolled it yourself in 10 minutes , and saved a lot of money.

I'd never paid 2500 for paint in some steps and deck.. Nah when I can spray paint it for little to free .. Ijs